Baba Ghanouj is—like hummus—a classic Middle Eastern spread meant to be scooped up on wedges of pita bread. It’s also good as a dip for raw veggies. This recipe is a must-try for eggplant lovers!
Baba Ghanouj (Middle Eastern Eggplant and Tahini Dip)
Recipe type: Appetizer / Dip
Cuisine: Middle Eastern
Serves: 8 to 10
- 2 medium eggplants, about 2 pounds total
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons tahini (sesame paste), or more, to taste
- Juice of 1 lemon, or more to taste
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 450º F.
- Arrange the whole eggplants on a foil-lined baking sheet. Set under the broiler until the skin is charred and the eggplants have collapsed, turning the eggplants with tongs once or twice. This will…