Even though there’s no real cookie dough in this smoothie, it sure tastes like it! Caramel-like dates, rich and nutty pecans, and cacoa nibs with their hint of chocolate blend perfectly with lucuma powder—which has a natural “cookie-like” flavor—making this smoothie all kinds of fabulous. Reprinted with permission from Superfood Smoothies * © 2013 by Julie Morris, Sterling Publishing Co. Photography by Julie Morris.
Makes two 14-ounce servings
- 1⁄4 cup raw pecans
- 1⁄4 cup Medjool dates, pitted (about 3–4 large dates)
- 1 cup very ripe pear, chopped
- 2 tbsp lucuma powder
- 1 tsp maca powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups almond milk
- 2 tbsp cacao nibs
- 2 cups coconut ice (see note)
- sweetener, to taste (optional)
- Blend together all the ingredients except the cacao nibs and coconut ice until creamy and smooth.
- Add the nibs and ice and blend until frosty, leaving the nibs to serve as the “chocolate…