This is Chinese pork belly, just like you get from the Chinese BBQ meat shops! The skin is fantastically crunchy and stays so for hours. The meat is juicy and flavorful too. The pork slices cleanly. This is just such an easy and almost fool-proof recipe too. This pork belly is such a thing of beauty and definitely a recipe I’m going to make for a party soon.
- 1 pork belly, skin on
- 1 1/2 tbsp chinese cooking wine
- 1 tsp Chinese five spice powder
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 200 g rock salt
How To Make Crispy Pork Belly
- Take skewer and prick holes in the skin. Now turn the pork belly upside down.
- Rub the flesh with Chinese cooking wine and Sprinkle over five spice powder, salt and pepper.
- Turn skin side up and place in a container and Refrigerate uncovered for 12 hours.
- Remove pork from fridge and place onto a…