This is a summery cucumber agua fresca, and it is the only summer drink I ever want to drink in the summer from now until… the end of summer.
(Long live summer.)
I recently learned about agua fresca and I won’t ever be the same.
Some things I learned:
- An agua fresca is a light, non-alcoholic drink.
- The translation literally means “fresh water” or “cool water.”
- It’s popular in Mexico, Central America, and the US.
- It’s usually made with fruits, flowers, seeds, etc. that are blended with sugar and water.
- IT’S REALLY MY FAVORITE THING EVER RIGHT NOW.
Here’s my current favorite version: cucumber, lime, mint, lemongrass (had some left over from this salad, remember?), sugar and honey.
What happens now is you blend it.
And it’s going to get a bit chunky – no worries. You’re just going to pour it through a strainer to…