When the heat gets this intense, I try to make meals that don’t require much if any heat (even if the A/C is on!). I’ve really enjoyed my spiral slicer, which makes instant “noodles” from raw zucchini. Now, don’t get me wrong—I have no problem with pasta, but in the summer heat, zucchini noodles just feel lighter. And they’re ready pretty much instantly, with a few cranks of the lever, and no heat needed. If you don’t have a spiral slicer, you can use your favorite noodles—rice noodles, bean-thread noodles, soba, or linguini—this works with all of them. And this recipe adds a nice twist with some tasty peanut sauce.
Easy Zucchini Noodles with Peanut Sauce
- 3 medium or 4 smaller zucchini
- 2 heaping cups small broccoli florets (raw or very lightly steamed)
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced, optional
- Peanuts for garnish, optional