You can substitute 1 cup of freshly squeezed orange juice for some of the water or throw in a handful of cashews for more texture and protein. Try chilling the shake in the refrigerator for 20 minutes before serving if you want a more cooling effect. Contributed by Alexandra Jamieson, from Vegan Cooking for Dummies.*
Yield: 2 servings
- 3 pears, washed, cored, and chopped
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseeds or hemp seeds
- 2 cups frozen cherries
- 3 cups water (or as needed)
- 1 banana
- 1/2 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 3 cups spinach, washed, and stems removed
- Combine all ingredients in a blender, adding the water so that the ingredients are just covered.
- Blend well. Add more water if you want to thin the consistency.
*This post contains affiliate links. If the product is purchased by linking through this review, VegKitchen receives a modest commission, which helps maintain our site and helps it to continue growing!