Makhana is known as lotus seeds, fox nuts or gorgon nut. It has got a very rare and delicious taste. It is high in fiber and low in calories hence a super food for those who want to reduce weight.
Ingredients of Makhane Ka Halwa
- 1 cup makhana
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 2 cup milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp raisins
- 1 tbsp almonds chopped
- 1/2 tsp elaichi powder
How to make Makhane Ka Halwa
- Roast makhana in a pan.Let them cool and make powder into a grinder.
- Heat ghee in a pan, add powdered makhana and roast it for 25 seconds.
- Add milk and mix well.Cook it until it become thick.
- Add sugar, raisins and chopped almonds.
- Mix well and cook for 20 seconds.
- Garnish with cardamom powder.
- Makhana Halwa is ready to serve.