Marinara sauce, melted vegan cheese, and simple steamed vegetables on a baked potato add up to an irresistible pizza-flavored vegetable dish. Potatoes make for a healthy “crust” that’s low in fat and naturally gluten-free. The kids will love this! Vary the vegetable toppings as you’d like. Try peppers, onions, artichokes, and other favorite pizza veggies. Photo by Rachael Braun.
Serves: 4 or more
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 2 cups broccoli, spinach, or mushrooms, finely chopped and lightly steamed
- 1 cup marinara sauce, or more as needed
- 1–1 1/2 cups mozzarella-style nondairy cheese, grated
- dried oregano or basil
- Bake or microwave the potatoes until done. When cool enough to handle, cut each in half lengthwise. Fluff the inside of each potato half with a fork.
- Meanwhile, steam the mushrooms and broccoli in small skillet with a small amount of water until just tender, then…