Typically in raw circles, expressions like “power food” refer to Himalayan berries and maca powder and deep sea algae. What I mean by it is pretty simple: foods that are nutrient dense, easy to assimilate, and that give a boost of energy and focus. Dark leafy greens, hemp, chia, and fruit add up to a killer morning smoothie. Contributed by Gena Hamshaw, from Choosing Raw. Photos by Hannah Kaminsky.
Power Smoothie (Romaine and Superfood Seeds)
Author: Gena Hamshaw
Recipe type: Smoothie
Cuisine: Raw / healthy
Serves: 1 to 2
- 1 large frozen banana
- 1 small head romaine lettuce
- ½ cup frozen mango (or substitute fresh pears or berries)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 cup almond milk (maybe slightly less, if you have a high speed blender)
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Divide between 1 or 2 glasses and…